Pacificorp Student Engineer - Portland, OR. #109139 in Portland, Oregon
Student Engineer - Portland, OR. #109139
Date: Sep 21, 2022
Location: Portland, OR, US, 97232
Join our team!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
To assist in the development of engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the company’s transmission and distribution system.
• Assist company engineers in performing engineering studies and analysis of substation equipment, protection & control equipment, transmission structures & hardware, and distribution equipment.
• Develop moderately complex engineering studies of limited scope and prepare data for analysis.
• Perform electrical network data analysis and present results to company staff.
• Conduct drawing reviews to ensure adherence to company and industry standards.
• Research and test equipment provided by suppliers
• Update company standards and drawings
• Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
• Enrolled full time in accredited engineering college/university.
• Sophomore standing or higher in electrical/mechanical/civil engineering or a related field.
• Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
• Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
Req Id: 109139
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: Portland
Department: Reliability Stds & Contract Admin - TF
Personnel Subarea: NON-EXEMPT
Hiring Range: $23.00
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.