Aston Carter Financial Analyst in Portland, Oregon
This Financial Analyst 2 position is located in the Transmission Engineering Business Intelligence and Integrity Organization (TEBI), supporting the Transmission Business Line for Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). This position will serve as a Financial Analyst for the Transmission capital and expense programs designated by the TEBI manager, Internal Operations Manager, Executive Manager or BFTE Project Manager. In addition, this position conducts financial analysis and forecasting of capital, expense and reimbursable programs to validate compliance with BPA capitalization and expense policies. The Financial Analyst works with a variety of individuals and organizations across BPA, to include Executives, Management, Finance, Project Managers, Account Executives, Customer Service Engineers and other Federal Agency Officials.
• Perform financial analysis and provide recommendations based on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and A-123 guidelines.
• Develop and maintain internal project analysis policies, processes (update standards, desk procedures) and procedures.
• Perform work order completion analysis based on the interpretation of FERC, GAAP, internal audit and A-123 guidelines.
• With approval from the applicable Project Manager (PM), place capital assets into plant in-service upon project completion, initiating the start of financial depreciation reported and monitored on BPA’s balance sheet. This requires close collaboration and coordination with the PM to properly assign FERC codes to major and minor assets and to accurately retire assets, ending depreciation.
• Provide clear, presentable financial reporting data to a variety of stakeholders, such as Finance, Internal/external Auditors, Project Managers and Management, based on target dates set for monthly and yearly financial closing activities.
• Research, identify, track and process monthly accruals, reversals and re-accruals for Transmission following accounting guidelines.
• Recommend appropriate financial action, based on defined Office of Management Budget (OMB) A-123 policies, financial rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Prepare analysis of past and present financial operations to estimate future expenditures in support of forecasts, estimates and other ad hoc analysis monthly.
• Perform and/or evaluate analysis of program costs and identify errors, recommend the appropriate corrective action and monitor until corrections have been completed. Alert the BPA Manager of any errors encountered.
• Work closely with Project/Program Manager(s) responsible for capital and expense programs by researching, forecasting, analyzing, extracting, tracking, reviewing, completing and consolidating costs vs. estimates for major projects.
• Conduct data analysis and reporting for one or more of the following End of Year and Start of Year Reporting, Quarterly Business Review, Integrated Program Review, Lease Finance Program, Finance Committee Executive Management, Finance, Management Assertion, Target Tracking, Capital Investment Acquisition. (Note: Accuracy and quality of data and reporting produced is of high importance as it is used by decision makers for budget priorities and finalization.)
• Conduct ongoing financial training to update Project Managers and/or Performance Managers in workflow, methodologies and technologies related to agency and Transmission needs.
• Identify gaps and process improvements for various financial activities and subjects.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.