DXC Technology Cloud Operations Engineer in Plano, Texas
The Cloud Operations Engineer focuses on designing, implementing and operating the Cloud Environments of customers as per the DXC contractual agreements.
He/she will ensure client satisfaction through the engineering of solutions that meet specific contract requirements, standards, templates and customer expectations. Provide Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Account Implementations of Managed Private Cloud, Managed Public Cloud and Managed Hybrid Cloud solutions. Develop solution overviews and summaries for both DXC and client use. Align Engineering and ITO Delivery solutions and expectations.
The main goals are to deliver an agile managed service, to continuously increase the level of automation of our work, to ensure high availability of the service and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
He/she will be an experienced, multi-skilled individual, who can work within a small team responsible for delivering reactive and proactive operational support end-to-end in DXC operated Cloud Environments.
He/she is motivated to continuously gain more skills, to take strong ownership on the actions and to find innovative ways to improve the agility and efficiency. The DXC environments are envisioned to mature into DevOps mode 2 of operation.
Skills and Qualifications
· Trained or Certified in Cloud:
o Microsoft Azure environments and operations
o Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments and operations
o OpenStack environments and operations
· Expertise in one or more of the following technical domains: Windows, Linux, Database, Storage, Networks, Scripting, Security
· Ability to learn and adapt to new frameworks/technologies and quickly integrate with them for automation service delivery
· Able to find effective workarounds to product limitations/constraints
· Strong ownership and drive
· Team worker
· Previous experience in software automation delivery
· DevOps & Agile methodology experience, working with small agile teams, is a plus
Experience with the following operational tools, concepts & technologies as required:
Work within the team to deliver a multi-skilled capability across multiple technologies and disciplines, participate in continuous upskill and training to maintain individual and team skills such as:
· Cloud systems configuration management
· Strong Unix/Linux scripting - bash, ksh
· Strong batch and/or powershell scripting on windows
· Web Services & API integrations using: REST, SOAP, Perl, PHP, HTML, XML, XSLT, JSON
· Experience with Orchestration tools conforming to enterprise grade platforms automation delivery:
o HPE CSA, OO, HPSA, OneView
o SCCM, BMC
o Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible
o Software Defined Networking
· Virtualization and Hypervisor management experience on VMWare, KVM, QEMU
· Apache, Tomcat with MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL
· Enterprise Storage and SAN solutions such as
o Dell-EMC, HPE 3PAR, Brocade
o Hyper Converged platforms
o HPE, VCE hosted Environments and tools
· Monitoring and management Tools such as:
o Azure resources manager (ARM), AWS Cloud Formation
o Azure OMS, Cloud Watch, Monasca
o Cloud Chekr (billing)
o CrowdStrike (Anti-Virus)
· Jira Agile Project management tools
· Confluence Wiki documentation
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Job – Services – Intermediate or Specialist Level
Primary Location -
Schedule - Full-time
Shift – 7x24
Travel - No
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities