PNC Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100237 PrtfolioAnl&Stra Spec
Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
PA - Pittsburgh
Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DE - Wilmington, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Approach - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the value of accurately analyzing the current environment and ability to synthesize ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
Big Data Management and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Predictive Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Risk Management Banking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk.
Credit Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
Performance Measurement - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Mathematics of Financial Instruments - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
Pricing Models and Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Banking Products - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
Collaborate with Marketing, Product and other partners to develop and manage targeting, contact and testing strategies to optimize performance of Direct Marketing acquisition channels for all Consumer Lending products, including Home Equity, Direct Auto, Education Lending and Unsecured Installment Loans
Leverage knowledge of lending products and marketing channels to execute monthly audience selection strategy of marketing campaigns
Work across diverse stakeholder group to build consensus on strategy implementation and monthly campaign execution
Create and maintain documentation related to risk management, pricing, data processing, audit controls and process management
Applies results of predictive models to optimize targeting and account selection
Evaluate new initiatives, provide pre and post launch analysis and collaborate with partners for successful implementation
Provide recommendations for investment decisioning and optimization
Work with SAS data sets, excel pivots and other tools analyzing to extract data and use statistical modeling/analytical skills to uncover hidden insights and data trends
Use data mining tools to develop new expansion suppression strategies and/or new suppression strategies to manage customer experience and profitability
Familiar with drivers of profitability, loss, and capital requirements, including funding costs
Support data extraction and data preparation for analytical purposes, reporting, documentation, business controls and vendor data requirements
Develop strong working relationships across all business partners and presenting results to business partners and senior management