NBC Universal Lead Anchor, Telemundo Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (https://www.nbcuniversal.com/diversity-equity-inclusion) initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility (https://www.nbcuniversal.com/csr) work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As the Lead Anchor you will get to manage local on-air delivery of newscasts and also write & edit story ideas daily. You will collaborate closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately documented and presented on the daily newscasts. You are charged with delivering local & national news during newscasts and generating ideas to increase ratings. This position reports to the VP of News.
• Will write & edit story ideas daily that attract the viewer’s interest
• Write stories, headlines, and news updates for television, online, and digital platforms
• Work directly with News Producer on story ideas and development
• Present a completed story with fair, accurate, and community-relevant content
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in the studio or on location
• Coordinate, organize, and conduct interviews
• Develop ongoing “sweeps” style stories
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts
• Involved in Social Media platforms
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station
•Write and copy edit assigned scripts in newscasts
• BA or BS in a related field
• At least four years of television anchor/reporter experience
• At least four years of experience shooting, writing, and editing with a good ratings track record
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written)
• Enterprise reporting required
• Strong live reporting presence a must
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV and Demo Reel through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be able to participate in community, public events and Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• News judgment with a solid ethical decision process
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• High competitive nature
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Skills to be a problem solver
• Creative with a strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
• Strong Writing skills with the ability to connect on an emotional level
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts
• Proven record of contributing story ideas
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.