Fedex Ground HR Business Partner- SR HR Business Partner in Phoenix, Arizona
Under the direction of the District Human Resources Manager, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for leading all activities of the HR function for assigned facilities and leading related projects. The HR Business Partner applies skill in selection/retention and employee relations techniques, a working knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and Federal and state laws regarding employment practices in order to support the organization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of HR practices, guidelines and regulations to monitor and provide advice regarding compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and FedEx Ground policies, procedures and processes.
• Identifies and/or conducts investigations on employee relations issues in an appropriate and timely manner and provides appropriate recommendations. Provides advice to management and responds to employee inquiries.
• Provides support and engages all levels of internal customers in assigned facilities in activities, meetings, special events and handles issues and questions.
• Leads the full cycle staffing development and execution process for non-package handler talent acquisition, including applicant sourcing, recruiting, demonstrating good faith efforts in Affirmative Action, pre-employment screening, interviewing and employee onboarding.
• Leads talent acquisition activities, including peak planning, and participating in outreach events; builds and maintains effective relationships with schools and community-based organizations.
• Partners with Field HR Specialists, Field HR Advisors and HR Managers to develop and/or facilitate programs to support business objectives, corporate programs and individual development.
• Assists in providing guidance, training and sharing best practices to the Talent Acquisition Coordinators and Ops Admin – HR.
• Collaborates with operational business partners/HR Specialist and Talent Acquisition Coordinator to develop strategic plans and actions to reduce voluntary turnover to goal and increase employee engagement.
• Participates in retention/engagement events and compliance activities as assigned and follows-up/monitors action plans.
• In conjunction with hiring manager, responsible for Non-Package Handler pay review recommendations and providing guidance to managers on pay guidelines and sound pay recommendations.
• May be assigned to work at multiple locations; some locations requiring travel. Other travel may be required based on work assignments.
• May be involved in projects, such as annual merit process, to deliver guidance and assistance to managers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related discipline required. In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, the minimum education requirement may be met by having a high school degree or GED, the two (2) years minimum experience, and an additional four (4) years of experience as an HR Generalist or in employee relations.
• Two (2) years professional HR experience in HR Generalist, employee relations, talent acquisition or related area required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• A working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information to all levels of management
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Ability to work day, evening and overnight hours as business needs dictate
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
• Communication in multiple languages is preferred
Other Job Description Information
Position will be domiciled at the Phoenix Hub, located at, 3410 S. 51st Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85043
% of Travel for the Position: 50-75%
Address: 23000 N. 7th Ave
Zip Code: 85027
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P849/North Phoenix - Colocation
Auto req ID: 365864BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Administrative
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution