Robert Half International Accountant in Phoenix, Arizona
The Accountant will maintain financial records and ensure financial transactions are properly recorded. Secures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
· Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software
· Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation
· Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger
· Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
· Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy
· Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements
· Performs other duties as assigned
· 2-4 years of accounting experience, preferably with general accounting and accounts payable
· Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
· Proficiency in Excel and Word, and accounting software (QuickBooks a plus)
· Hands-on experience preparing financial schedules and reports
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Aptitude for numbers
· Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
· Ability to take initiative
· Highly disciplined and organized, with critical thinking skills
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects concurrently
· Bachelor’s degree
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $64,000.00 - $80,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00210-9502463993
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance