LiDestri Mechanic Electrician II - Tech in Pennsauken, New Jersey
About LiDestri Food and Drink
LiDestri Food and Drink has grown from our roots as a pasta sauce and salsa manufacturer to become an R&D engine, formulating and producing innovative food and beverage products for our national and retailer brand partners. A family-run company based in Rochester, NY, LiDestri employs over 1,200 people across five U.S. locations. We have decades-long partnerships with some of the most respected consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies and the most highly inventive retailer brands.
Excellent Pay and Benefits:
• Great career-pathing
• Professional development, including unlimited online training courses
• Health insurance with premium contributions
• Dental, vision, HSA
• 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
• 401k – with employer match
• Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
• Company bonuses
• And many more….
• The primary role of the Mechanic/Electrician II is to work as a key maintenance team contributor to support company objectives with respect to maintaining equipment to support production requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup, repair, install, maintain machinery equipment including; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, special projects, measuring and calibrating equipment, performing preventive maintenance duties using strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, which can work with internal and external customers, and can work as part of the maintenance team but is also comfortable working independently;
• Performs all production equipment setups as required to meet operational needs;
• Supports and completes Preventive and Planned maintenance of mechanical, electrical and utilities equipment including but not limited to; cleaning, inspecting, setup, diagnosing, replacement, testing and continuous improvements;
• Is able to diagnose malfunction in machinery and equipment. Inspect visually and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunction;
• Identifies and reports the need for repairs to Maintenance Management. Crosses over with previous shifts’ maintenance and production employees to review the schedule and current runs, identifying repair needs and plan product changeovers;
• Effectively communicates with other departments in a professional manner at all times on equipment repair status;
• Works within the maintenance team to accurately communicate and document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems;
• Leads in the diagnoses of mechanical/electrical malfunctions in machinery and equipment, as well as, in efforts associated with plant shut-down maintenance work;
• Knowledge of fabricating, assembling and installing mechanical/electrical systems using tools associated with the task;
• Building and installing new and enhanced equipment through continuous improvements upgrades;
• Works closely with Engineering, Maintenance Managers and Master Mechanics on projects as needed;
• Enhances knowledge and skills of mechanical and electrical systems with on the job training techniques;
• Completes all tasks while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines to include and not limit to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF and all internal/external audits;
• Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED required;
• Basic computer literacy as evidenced by the ability to go online and conduct basic searches on the Internet, check email, create and send with attachments and use basic email features;
• Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions;
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
• Experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC;
• Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves;
• Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot production machinery (i.e. Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Case Packers, Case Formers, Coolers and Pasteurizers);
• Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP Training preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
• Ability to use a variety of measuring tools and test equipment;
• Ability to work independently, with limited supervision;
• Requires mechanical aptitude;
• Knowledge of Drill Press, Chop Saw, Port-a-Band, Sawzall and other maintenance tools preferred;
• Knowledge or experience with Multi-Meters, Amp Probes, Meger Ohm Meter, Panelview;
• LiDestri experience 2+ years and familiarly with 85% of plant machinery;
• Manlift, Powertools, Hand tools, Panelview Controls, Production Machines, X-Ray Equipment, all types of Photo Eyes, Light Curtains, and Conveyors;
• Kitchen equipment and Pumps, Milling Machine, Lathes and Drill Press;
• Lock-Out Tag-Out Equipment, Gear and HECPS;
• Computer and Printer;
• Ability to climb ladders and utilize carts;
• Ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes and motor megger;
• Digital Multimeter and clamp-on AC current reader;
• RTO calibrator, RTO Milliamp and Calibrator/simulator.
• Constant exposure to extreme loud noise;
• The temperature (non-weather related) in work areas varies;
• Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch, climb stairs and ladders;
• Occasionally lifting and carrying items <50lbs and carrying objects <10lbs. Pushing and pulling objects <30lbs;
• Use of finger dexterity to handle or feel objects and tools, reaching and grasping;
• Regularly works with moving parts, vibration and electrical current.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to:
• Long periods of standing/moving, working around moving mechanical parts/conveyors
• Loud environment, hot/cold, wet/dry conditions
• Lifting/carrying <50 pounds
• Frequent reaching/pulling/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.