Amazon Web Services Senior UX Program Manager, AWS UX, AWS CX Operations in Palo Alto, California
Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. The AWS Customer Experience (CX) team is a growing and diverse team of UX designers, developers and engineers who are passionate about innovation. We love to solve problems and define a new user experience. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges and help make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
UX Design Producers are part of a central AWS CX Design Operations team and are responsible for making our teams and projects run efficiently. The production team is centralized within Operations but assigned out to work with specific Design groups. That allows dedicated support and also learning across teams and sharing of best practices.
UX Producers manage overall project workflow. That includes leading program management and operational support throughout the team and across partner teams by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining process, and driving design excellence. You will coordinate the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
In this role, you’ll combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the designs of products that are used by billions of users. You’ll work cross functionally building relationships and collaborating with managers, designers, and engineering teams to plan projects, define milestones, assess risks and help projects meet deadlines. As a Design Producer you will also manage project-related communications to team members, executives and other stakeholders. You are a master planner and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple projects in a creative design environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate with and support team leads in delivering the highest level of trust-building and strategic counsel through all project interactions.
• Define, document, and implement end-to-end repeatable processes that help the teams plan, manage and deliver parallel projects
• Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation and asset management, driving required changes to make sure designers and developers are working efficiently. Define internal planning methodologies and approach guidelines; facilitate adoption across multiple project teams
• Act as a bridge between UX, Engineering, and Product Management (PM) teams, connecting all three groups and ensuring interdependencies are understood and planned for.
• Set and communicate the UX and Experience roadmap, defining top-level milestones, influencing partner teams’ priorities. Working with Design Managers, Product Managers, and Development Managers to define priorities and scope for new domains and services.
• Drive UX team deliverables by removing obstacles, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs, scheduling UX reviews with stakeholders and leadership, and communicating product/team status.
• Communicate project status with team and stakeholders regularly and with senior management. Including contributing to WBR and MBR meetings.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and articulate risks, trade-offs, and recommend prioritization based on a balance of business needs, technical constraints, and customer impact.
• Drive the UX review process for all service launches.
• Lead one-off unique initiatives involving deep cross-functional partnerships.
• Participate in other Operations-wide initiatives.
• Mentor and collaborate with partner teams across Amazon on product design, tools, and guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
6+ years of successful experience as a Producer, UX PM, or similar role in a user experience or design team.
3+ years of experience leading large projects through the full product development life cycle in a large, cross-functional team.
• Understanding of design and development processes. Experience working with Design Systems.
• Ability to effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks.
• Experience escalating issues, anticipating and making trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements.
• Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements.
• Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise.
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Results oriented with a proven track record of on-time project/program delivery for large, cross-functional projects with global stakeholders.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience understanding needs of business and end customers and translating them into right solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.