Robert Half Medical Secretary in Palm Springs, California
Description Maintain physician patient schedule and appointment calendar.
Answer phones and screen incoming calls. Provide information, take messages or redirect calls to the appropriate department.
Register and schedule new patient appointments. Schedule follow-up appointments when indicated. Schedule surgeries.
Obtain insurance pre-authorizations for treatments and diagnostic procedures.
Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office staff.
Obtain and copy, to appropriate parties, results of laboratory tests and scans.
Exercise skill in prioritizing assignments in order to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, assignments, pressures of deadlines, competitive requirements and/or a heavy workload.
Demonstrate communication skills: using appropriate vocabulary and grammar when obtaining and conveying information to physicians, nurses and staff at various levels; in person, over the phone, in writing and in electronically sent messages.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Complies with regulatory requirements (i.e. TJC) appropriate for position.
• Extensive experience and competency with varied computer hardware and software, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, communications and presentation applications.
• Writing skills to compose and edit logical, detailed, comprehensive and grammatically correct correspondence.
• Superior typing skills to prepare correspondence with speed and accuracy.
• Knowledge of insurance companies’ admission procedures and policies to complete pre-authorization requirements.
• Knowledge of hospital procedures to obtain laboratory and imaging information.
• Skill in communicating with patients, families, physicians, nurses, staff and peers with diplomacy and tact.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, preferably oncology/hematology.
• Ability to handle matters of highly confidential and sensitive nature.
• Ability to recognize and identify problems, recognize implications and propose alternative solutions.
• Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
• Skill in working independently Requirements Administrative Office, Basic Medical Terminology
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.