Lockheed Martin Engineering Technician - Instrumentation /Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Job Description:
Lockheed Martin is seeking an Engineering Technician for the Structures and Environmental Test Laboratories at the Sand Lake Road Facility in Orlando, Florida reporting to the area supervisor of the Instrumentation Group. The position will support multiple programs and R & D efforts for evaluating engineering prototypes and developmental hardware for DoD applications.
The technician will need to possess the ability to calibrate and install instrumentation, setup data acquisition systems for instrumentation data capture, and provide documented test results and reduce at data per our internal customer requirements.
Particular skills/experience required to achieve a high degree of competency in this role include:
* Mechanical troubleshooting
* Sensor surveying
* General mechanical inclination
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills
Individuals who have experience in the automotive industry often demonstrated many/all of these competencies.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
• High school diploma and three years of work experience in related industry.
• Candidate shall possess general electrical skills and be proficient in the use of computers for basic data transfer, communication, and project documentation.
• Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results, and data log entry.
• Assemble, calibrate and operate laboratory and/or experimental prototype electronic test and measurement equipment to support aerospace static, dynamic, and climatic environmental testing.
• Requires strong math, writing and communication skills; the ability to interpret electrical schematics and comprehend Ohm’s Law for resistive, current and voltage calculations.
• Electrical skills in the assembly of engineering prototype hardware and operation of digital recorders and electronic test equipment.
• Capable of obtaining an ATF Explosives Possessors License.
• Ability to fabricate electronic cable, connector assemblies and electrical circuit boards.
• Calibrate, install and properly connect instrumentation such as accelerometers, pressure and displacement transducers.
• Ability to calibrate and operate digital and magnetic tape data recording systems and verify their correct and properly functioning.
• Conduct routine and specialized laboratory tests in accordance with test requirements and established procedures and practices.
• Records the data as the test progresses, observes equipment for indications of failure or malfunction, and adjusts, repairs or replaces components as directed to properly complete the test.
• Working knowledge of signal processing.
• Possesses a vocational degree in instrumentation.
• Current DoD Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.