AdventHealth EMS Supervisor/Paramedic FT Days in Orlando, Florida
EMS Supervisor/Paramedic AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time 3 12’s Days
- Coordinates placement of vehicles for timely responses. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards.
- Communicates AdventHealth and department specific policies, standard operating procedures and medical protocols to all staff members.
- Monitors department metrics of calls dispatched, crew en-route, on scene and back in service times. Oversees operations of the shift, is a resource person, mentoring and coaching the teams for success.
- Ensures patient transport records are completed, performs shift QA’s for accuracy and compliance. Completes shift rounding on crews, receiving and sending departments and patient transported for issues/concerns and overall satisfaction.
- Monitors inventory of supplies, trouble shooting equipment issues and ensures vehicles are taken out of service for scheduled maintenance. Ensures trucks are kept in a state of readiness to be complaint with Florida Statutes. May need to assist with driving duties on occasion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associates of Science (AS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Related Field.
- One year management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Florida State Paramedic license
- Critical Care Paramedic Certification
- Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s license, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with AH policy.
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification (NRP)
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Instructor of ACLS or PALS
The EMS Supervisor is a critical care paramedic that manages shift operations to ensure efficient movement of all requests for AdventHealth patient transports. Oversees dispatching of units, supervises Registered Nurses (RNs), Respiratory Therapists (RTs), Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Meets department metrics and standards of care. The Supervisor adheres to the AdventHealth Corporation compliance plan, all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, accrediting bodies, including but not limited to, Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Florida Department of Health (DOH). Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally resepctful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.