Robert Half International Payroll Supervisor/Manager/Director in Ontario, California
The Payroll Specialist / Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s payroll along with optimizing payroll processes with a strong focus on detail and system utilization. This position plays a key role in all aspects of the Company’s payroll process, including processing payroll, processing all record changes or updates, importing and exporting payroll files, and validating and reviewing entries by creating and balancing reports prior to final payroll being submitted to ADP on a biweekly basis. This position will work closely with management and assigned HR team members.
A successful Payroll Specialist / Manager will be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. They will have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and be able to effectively communicate with other departments to complete assignments on time and accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Run all weekly payroll processes prior to transmitting payroll to the preview stage.
• Submit final payroll.
• Reconcile assigned payroll records, resolve and adjust discrepancies; and analyze computer reports to identify and locate sources of errors.
• Perform daily payroll department operations, including collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
• Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance, as well as providing the HR department with correct documents for benefit adjustments if needed.
• Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
• Assist managers and employees with requests for time off.
• Process manual checks.
• Load import files.
• Research and email appropriate audience of file issues.
• Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
• 3-5 years’ experience processing 200+ employee payroll.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
Compliance, Compliance Audit, Compliance Risk, Multi-state Payroll, Multi-State Processing, Payroll - Multi-State, ADP Workforce Now, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Ontario, CA
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00500-0011371298
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance