MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer (Payment Gateway) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer (Payment Gateway)
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services provides partners with a white label technology solution for payment processing and fraud prevention. Through our platform, we enable them to easily and securely accept a wide range of digital payment methods from all over the world.
We seek a strong Senior Software Development Engineer to help us build the future of payments.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within their team when required
• Report status and manage risks within their primary application/service
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Understands operational and engineering experience and actively works to improve experience and metrics in the ownership area
• Develop a complete understanding of end-to-end technical architecture and dependency systems
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
All About You
• Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Intermediate knowledge of modern Web technologies, standards, and best practices.
• Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular, React and/or Vue.
• Able to apply DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle to enable common library development for enterprise-wide reuse; possess skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality; has skills to author test code with lots of smaller tests followed by few contract tests at service level and fewer journey tests at the integration level (Test Pyramid concept)
• Understand use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from the gang of four) to implement efficient code; understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards and cataloging to drive API/service adoption and commercialization
• Has skills to collaborate with team and business stakeholders to estimate requirements (e.g., story pointing) and prioritize based on business value; understands work classification to determine software capitalization opportunities; has skills to elaborate and estimate non- functional requirements, including security (e.g., data protection, authentication, authorization), regulatory, and performance (SLAs, throughput, transactions per second)
• Has the ability to develop and document test strategy following Mastercard testing standards
• Actively seeks and participates in activities that stretch one's existing skillset and adds new and more difficult capabilities for team members.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130380