ICON Clinical Research Senior Clinical Data Scientist Lead - Remote in North Wales, Pennsylvania
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.ICON is looking for a Clinical Data Scientist Lead with over 5 years of experience. As a Clinical Data Scientist Lead you would lead and serve as the primary contact for the end to end data review activities on two or more clinical trials for our biotech and pharmaceutical customers. Must have demonstrated a strong ability to manage projects to planned schedule, budget and scope.
· The Clinical Data Scientist Lead serves as the primary contact for internal and external team members regarding clinical data management data review activities and leads these review activities to ensure delivery of data fit for analysis
· Develops and oversees timeliness of clinical data management activities during the life cycle of studies as it relates to data review and data delivery milestones.
· In depth knowledge of the protocol to identify risk to critical data and processes by participation in the risk evaluation process
· Participates in Sponsor and/or third party audits
· Forecasts budget, hours and resourcing for clinical data review activities
· Performs analytic review as defined in the scope of work and functional plans focusing on errors that matter or have a meaningful impact on the safety of the subject or interpretation of the final analysis
· Accountable for the development of planning documents related to data review, data analytics and data deliverables
Experience in working with Clinical Data Management Systems, such as Medidata RAVE, Inform, Veeva
Experience in SQL or other programming language
Ability to centrally review clinical data at the aggregate level using analytic reporting tools to support the identification of risks and data patterns/trends
Ability to work and collaborate with cross-functional and global groups.
Strong knowledge of Clinical Data Management Systems, computerized information systems and standard application software (Windows, MS Office)
Strong knowledge of clinical data management
Strong knowledge of analytic open source and/or enterprise level ETL and Analytic tools and practices
Skill to efficiently navigate through large volumes of complex data to interpret complex data patterns and apply technical solutions
Excellent skill in aggregate data review and interpretation using visualization and analysis software (JReview, Tableau, SAS)
Excellent project management, leadership and communication skills
Benefits of Working in ICON:Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.