Cisco Security Solutions Engineer -NY in New York, New York
Location: New York, NY
Who You Are
The Security Solution Engineer is responsible to work with the global managed services partner and security teams to successfully develop and position new joint offerings for the managed services partners. In this position you will lead all aspects of the technical solution building process, from initial discussion, to building out technical services playbooks to helping to build out labs and supporting the regional sales teams.
You will be responsible for technically supporting our SP/MSSP strategy and driving partners to build best of breed services requiring you to have prior experience selling and deploying network infrastructure-based security solutions including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, IDS/IPS and Security Proxies. It is preferred to have SASE (SSE, SDWAN, DLP, CASB), eXtended Detection & Response and cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Knowledge of advanced endpoint security technologies and automation is a strong benefit.
Your Impact will include the following:
· Technical evangelist - deep understanding of both security and networking fundamentals
· Solid understanding of MSSP business dynamics
· Develop strong relationships with MSSP technical sales influencers with an ongoing, persistent dialog to build vendor preference for Cisco Security
· Build, Test and Deploy
· Deliver highly technical, strategic content to external audiences to help educate and empower our clients, partners, and employees
· Influence sales process by partnering with clients and prospective customers to implement best practices within their digital environments
· Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
· Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing SP / MSSP security trends and standard methodologies being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district
· Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
· Leverage client and SE/security engineering feedback to provide meaningful details around our service and product offerings to the appropriate internal departments for improvements
· Travel of up to 50%
· 12+ year experience in security technologies
· Advanced understanding of Cyber Security industry trends, including new products and solutions of Cisco Technologies and other third parties
· Technical Expertise on Zero Trust Architecture, Securing cloud workloads, End point security, Micro segmentation and advance Threat response & Management
· Work experience in driving Complex POV/ POCs and resolve issues related to implementation
· Proven track record in demonstrating security guidelines such as NIST,GDPR , HIPPA , PIC-DSS ,ISO/IEC 27001 etc
· Knowledge on Cyber security best practice - CIS Controls and CIS benchmarks
· Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as Python, and API frameworks such as REST / SOAP.
· Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the MSSP Sales and Technical Sales organization
· Comfortable with creating technical content and delivery via a variety of methods - whiteboard, webinars, recorded videos, blog posts, etc
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Exceptional written and verbal communication
· Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
· BSCS or equivalent or equivalent military experience required and 6+ years of experience as a SE/security engineer
· Demonstrable experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba)
· Proficiency with scripting and programming languages related to API integration and service automation
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters - with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We're the Internet's optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it's not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We're helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We're helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world - whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other's backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another - from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we're committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco#bf24
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.