Morgan Stanley Business Transformation Services -VP -Wealth Management in New York, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve andgrow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate & Institutional Solutions (CIS) is a division within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, comprised of Morgan Stanley at Work (Corporate Equity Solutions (CES), Retirement Plan Solutions (RPS), MS Financial Wellness (MSFW)), Virtual Client Solutions, Reinvestment, Institutional Consulting and Family Office. The overall goal and vision of CIS is to create a consistent corporate and corporate employee (“participant”) experience and to engage them throughout their financial life journey that will ultimately lead to a furthering and deepening of their Morgan Stanley Wealth Management relationships. Our approach will be highly scalable, leveraging an omni-channel strategy with an emphasis on messaging, onboarding, cross-selling, activation and servicing. Our goal will be to drive growth across all client segments, including the Mass-Affluent, with new digital capabilities.
As a member of the Business Transformation Services team, this individual will provide program management and delivery support for key business initiatives. This role will coordinate across a multi-disciplinary team with a key focus on program planning, readiness planning and program execution across all impacted groups (e.g. business, technology, operations, external stakeholders), risk monitoring and remediation planning, and management reporting.
Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Work in a matrix reporting structure and partner with all functional disciplines impacted by transformation deliverables to define program plans and readiness strategy that covers the various phases of integration and transformation
- Contribute to strategy to implement short and long initiatives along a structured plan
- Identify and propose solutions to risk issues and new business initiatives by working across various partners within the organization
- Translate strategy into actionable plan with defined ownership and roles/responsibilities and ensure delivery of activities
- Create a governance structure for managing complex activities that involve multiple businesses, technology, marketing, communications, training and control partners
- Build and maintain a Wealth Management wide delivery roadmap that can be used to drive priorities, identify dependencies and ensure appropriate engagement with clients and participants.
- Provide transparency and reporting to stakeholders and senior management
- Provide mechanisms to capture & monitor remediation of any potential risks or issues. In addition, enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to the agreed scope of project
Ensure accurate and consistent reporting of activities across all governance forums outside of direct control
BS/BA degree required.
- A minimum of 10 years finance, wealth management experience with 5 years of professional experience in program management and delivery, change management, and readiness management
- Professional experience in the financial services industry, Wealth Management, FinTech, or management consulting
- Proven ability to manage delivery/execution of a wide range of tasks and initiatives
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proven experience developing partnerships with and successfully coordinating across various business and functional stakeholders
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams where there is no direct reporting chain
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact at all levels of the organization and tailor messages appropriately
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to create polished PowerPoint presentations for various levels of management
- Independent self-starter who can manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines
- Eagerness to learn the business and understand detailed technical requirements
- Experience managing major organizational change programs, such as merger integrations or corporate restructure
- Experience working with cross functional teams, including product management, UX, technology, marketing, communications, learning & development, legal and compliance.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and SharePoint
- Occasional travel may be required
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $100,000 and $180,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Job: *Wealth Management
Title: *Business Transformation Services -VP -Wealth Management *
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 3231007
Other Locations: Americas-United States of America-New York-Purchase