Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer in New Orleans, Louisiana
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space . Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems . Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products ? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes .
The Lockheed Martin Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer .
Key Duties for this position will include:
• Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
• Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
• Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
• Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
• Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
• Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college, or a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional work experience.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually!
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related degree from accredited college/university, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing, bonding/coating processes, and mechanical assembly processes.
• Familiarity with engineering drawings and bills of material.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of typical Space Flight Hardware Production products and processes.
• Experience in Aerospace, Military and/or Communications Satellite hardware production.
• SAP knowledge or experience.
• Project management and/or leadership skills.
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM software packages such as I-DEAS, Creo (Pro-E), and Mastercam.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.