Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Entry Level Mechanical Drafter in Naugatuck, Connecticut
The heart and soul of ITW are the more than 48,000 hard-working and dedicated people around the world who thrive in the company’s decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach in order to best serve their customers and maximize performance. The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $170M.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
This is a first shift, full time, direct job with full benefits. Ideal candidates will have one to three years of mechanical drafting experience. Primary duties will include working on various Eyelet and Progressive stamping press tooling, machine parts, gages and test equipment designs.
Mechanical Drafter and Design Job Duties
• Solid part modeling, detailing, and creating assemblies using Solidworks 2016 or higher
• Creating/maintaining tooling prints using AutoCAD LT 2015 or higher
• Drafting and design of various stamping press tooling, machine parts, gages, test equipment, and fixtures
• Proper use of mechanical detailing standards and procedures including geometric tolerancing
• Fluent using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Create and present customer design reviews
• One to three+ years of experience in mechanical drafting & design
• Proficiency in Solidworks, AutoCAD LT, and Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Willing to work overtime as necessary
• Legal authorization to work in the US required
Desired but Not Required Skills
• Certificate or Degree in a Mechanically oriented course for Drafting & Design
• Completed College courses or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.