Progress Rail Services Corp. QA Inspector 1st or 2nd shift availability in Naples, Florida
PRS Facility Location:
Naples, FL - 315
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the QA Supervisor/Manager. A QA Inspector III performs process and quality audits, visual inspection on new and/or reman products. A QA Inspector II analyzes data, prepares reports and evaluates audit findings. Read and interprets materials, various inspection criteria, and some engineering blueprints. A QA Inspector I have the capability to train on all levels use computer related functions perform visual and/or test
inspection of a QA Inspector II or III. Perform other functions or assist in other departments as needed.
QA Inspector Roadway position requires work near or has the potential for fouling a track or will work as a flagman, watchman or lookout. These positions have expanded drug screen obligations and utilize the job code reference of RH2042, RH2041.
Railroads transport goods and people millions of miles every day. At Progress Rail, we believe in going the distance with them. We are looking for talented and innovative team players to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. Build a long-term career with opportunities for growth and advancement as part of a vibrant network of close to 200 global locations. Our innovative team members work together to forge the bridge between ideas and success!
As a Caterpillar company, Progress Rail is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive railway solutions – whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet their needs.
Learn how we keep our customers rolling by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, and by visiting progressrail.com .
Education / Training:
• Skill Level I – 0-1 years of experience without any technical education;
• Skill Level II – 1-2 years of experience or Technical Certifications;
• Skill Level III – 2+ years of experience;
• High School Education or GED;
• Model specific courses/classes/training based on shop customer requirements;
• Accurately complete basic math skills;
• Intermediate computer skills (Outlook, data entry, Microsoft Excel);
• Diesel, Automotive, Locomotive or Aircraft Mechanic;
• Residential, Industrial, Automotive, Locomotive Electrician.
QA Inspector 1st or 2nd shift availability
Key Job Elements:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate knowledge of Visual Inspection Criteria, engine components, locomotive components, and/or test gages, test fixtures, process and quality audits, scrap tickets;
• Conduct product inspection, inbound & outbound, documentation of defects and buybacks;
• Follow all safety policies and procedures including Blue Flag Policy;
• Properly work with Traveler’s and Quality Work Instructions (QWI’s);
• Properly utilize AIMS (action item maintenance system), process audits, preventive and corrective actions consistently and accurately;
• Demonstrate knowledge of AAR/FRA locomotive requirements;
• Ability to read and understand visual inspection criteria, micrometers, blueprints, and gauges;
• Conduct audits & inspections for assembly & manufacturing functions;
• Properly utilize equipment and tools consistently, accurately, and safely:
o Height Gage;
o Debris Analysis;
o Calipers micrometers;
o Manual test meters;
o Test Fixtures;
• Performs adequate and accurate methods to:
o Monitor testing and inspections;
o Control scrap;
o Analyze data;
o Support Engineering and Manufacturing (new products and procedures);
• Able to work well with production and others team members consistently, accurately, and safely.
Advanced duties and responsibilities:
• Demonstrate knowledge of all test gages test fixtures, gage control and gage calibration, debris analysis, blueprints, work orders, engine build process, locomotive assembly process, first article inspections, and collect & compile statistical quality data;
• Perform washer cleanliness checks and record data on control chart;
• Must be able to plan, conduct and monitor testing / inspection;
• Lead Trainer for new employees;
• Perform full debris analysis and particle counts, Visual and Test Inspection;
• Support QA supervisor in conducting capability studies, Gage R&R Studies when needed;
• Works with internal customers for the build of new and reman injectors.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Gage Track Software experience;
• AAR/FRA locomotive requirements experience;
• Engine troubleshooting procedures;
• Document control processes and procedures.
Essential and Physical Activities Functions:
• Strength – Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs, push and pull up to 75lb;
• Motion – Constant walking; frequent and sustained bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching and climbing ladders;
• Vision/Hearing Requirements – Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and hear audible alarms;
• Work Environment – Works on varied surfaces, concrete floors, and gravel, rail car and locomotive floors. Works at varied heights from floor level to tops of locomotives. Work in confined spaces. Non-temperature control environment, all weather conditions with high noise and high dust levels;
• Emotional Demands – Due to the working environment, noise, dust, personal protective equipment, employee must be comfortable working alone;
• Safety – Safety Sensitive positions because it works in and around active tracks, rail cars, locomotives, and other moving equipment. Employee must abide by all safety protocols, health/medical screenings and utilize all required PPE.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package,* including competitive salary, paid time off for vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with company match, medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance and flexible spending accounts. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.