Blue Ridge Healthcare RN EDUCATOR ACUTE in Morganton, North Carolina
Registered Nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within the Inpatient Nursing specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, system thinker, change agent, and innovator.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Must show evidence of Inpatient Nursing competencies.
- Minimum two years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a practice area.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, curriculum and program development, program evaluation, self-learning modules. Proficient at Power Point and use of AV equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required by May 2016, Master's Degree in Nursing, Nursing Education, or Health Care Administration preferred. Two years of teaching experience preferred.
- MSN must be achieved within 3 years of hire date if not completed.
- Board Certification (B-CEN) must be achieved within 1 year of hire date.
- BLS-I, ACLS-I, PALS-I, TNCC-P, ENPC-P or achieved within 2 years of hire date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the NC Board of Nursing.
- Must attend a minimum of 30 hours continuing education annually pertinent to practice area.
- Range of motion within functional limits. Requires frequently: pushing 40 lbs.; pulling 80 lbs.; standing; walking; repetitive trunk rotation-standing; manual dexterity; both handedness (both hands must be used).
- Requires functional vision and hearing.
- Requires visual color discrimination; and visual depth perception.
- Occasionally requires lifting 35 lbs. from floor to 53 in.; one handed carrying 15 lbs. Work kneeling; work squatting/crouching.
- In the environment occasionally exposed to wetness; slippery surfaces; and accident exposure.
- Must be able to travel throughout hospital campuses and offsite properties.
- Subject to irregular hours.