Morgan Stanley DB2 Data base Admin in Montreal, Canada
*We offer: *
• To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
• State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
• An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
*Team Profile: *
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Morgan Stanley database infrastructure is highly complex and customized. The database administration team is responsible for designing the database platform, developing the toolsets (applications), customizing database products and automation. The vendor RDBMS products such as DB2/Sybase/SQLserver/Oracle are also highly customized to suit the firm’s need. Individuals working in the Morgan Stanley database administration team not only need advanced level of knowledge on database products, but also in internally developed processes, methodologies, and infrastructure tools such as VMS/TAM/TAI/Kuu/Syts/Db2ts/Train etc.
As a result, we require a highly skilled individual who is adept with our internal proprietary databases to lead the Montreal team in driving the above noted projects. While working at the Canadian office in Montreal.
We are looking for a DB2 date base Admin with at least 3 years of experience supporting multi-server enterprise environments. This person will be a member of a global distributed DBA team that provides 24x7 firm-wide support for distributed databases. The candidate should be eager to build on his existing knowledge via formal and on-the-job training. This person will work in a position that will allow to fully experience all aspects of database administration, including performance and tuning, regular maintenance, and the creation of specialized jobs, depending on what needs may arise. This person will be part of a group rota providing weekend on call support.
*The Associate’s duties will include, but not be limited to, the following: *
• Involved in production/Stage/development environment setup, configuration, and support of db2/Sybase/oracle/Sqlserver and other RDBMS.
• Installation, configuration, and upgrade of db2/Sybase/oracle/Sqlserver and other RDBMS products.
• Design and Implement database solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements.
• Perform database troubleshooting and performance monitoring.
• Develop database related automation and self-service tools for DBA and application teams using Perl/Shell scripts.
• Proactive and reactive management of support issues, including liaison with business users and system users.
• 3-5 years of experience
• Strong SQL language knowledge
• Strong database administration knowledge in DB2
• Must be able to work with command line tools as well as GUI tools
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with Unix or Linux
• Sense of urgency
• Exposure to Python
• Intermediate to advanced Python/Shell coding development
• Advanced replication
*About us: *
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.
Job: *Production Management and Operational Support
Title: DB2 Data base Admin
Requisition ID: 3193337