BrightPath Early Learning & Child Care Child Care Centre Cook in Montessori Kanata, Ontario
Center: Kanata, ON
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Centre opens May 2023 - this is a brand new, state-of-the-art, Montessori building!
No evenings or weekends!
BrightPath Kids, part of the Busy Bees Global Childcare Community, is growing our team of Early Childhood Educators! BrightPath Kids is a world-class, award winning, innovative provider of early childhood daycare that aims to foster a culture of diversity and open-mindedness for all.
What will you be doing?
As a Cook, you will prepare nutritious meals for breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the children in our care. Responsibilities include:
• Organizing orders for bulk food weekly and daily shopping as needed.
• Preparing meals from a set menu with recipes provided weekly.
• Ensuring safety and sanitization in the kitchen environment as per Public Health requirements.
• Understanding dietary restrictions in centre for individual children.
• Washing dishes after meals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Top Reasons to join BrightPath Kids:
• We offer a 40% child care discount to Full-Time employees & 10% to Part-Time employees so that your family can take advantage of our great learning environment!
• We will support your long-term career goals by offering opportunities for professional development and tuition reimbursement for courses related to your field.
• Full-time staff receive 6 days sick time per year.
• Full-time staff are given 10 paid vacation days; auto vacation.
• Full-time staff are paid 9 Statutory holidays.
• Full-time staff are offered health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance.
• Food Handling Certification
• Meet province requirement for childcare employment
• Current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR
• Effective time management skills
• Experience cooking for large groups would be an asset
If this sounds like a good fit, we want to meet you! Please submit your application today.