Actalent Mechanical Systems Engineer in Mojave, California
The responsibilities will range from early concept and development, through full production. The primary tasks involve developing engineering definitions for mechanical system components and assemblies while optimizing for operation, maintenance, and commercial service. Engineers in this position will also be expected to support supplier efforts, review planned manufacturing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and intentions and support test definition for verification testing of components and subsystems.
• Development of conceptual and production designs including details, assemblies, and installations.
• Support, review, and buy-off of Supplier/Vendor scope and efforts.
• Develop 3D models, perform kinematic studies, develop systems schematics, and create engineering definitions for detail parts, assemblies, and installations.
• Establish manufacturing tolerances for the production of system components and assemblies.
• Support developing and documenting requirements and interface constraints for components.
• Support test definition to verify that components and manufacturing processes meet design intent and engineering requirements.
• Participate in the review, approval, and release process of engineering definition.
• Support the creation and review of manufacturing plans to ensure compliance with design requirements and company processes.
Mechanical, Design, Mechanical engineering, catia v5, Aircraft systems, Mechanical design, gd&t, geometric dimensioning, aerospace, aerospace engineering, aircraft components, Analysis, hydraulic system, hydraulics pneumatics, landing gear, fuel system
Top Skills Details:
Mechanical,Design,Mechanical engineering,catia v5,Aircraft systems,Mechanical design,gd&t,geometric dimensioning,aerospace,aerospace engineering,aircraft components
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering.
• 5-10+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with mechanical systems and machine design.
• Experience with CATIA V5/6 or similar CAD software is a must. Experience with 3DX is strongly preferred.
• Design experience of Mechanical Systems and knowledge of manufacturing using GD&T.
• Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools (PLM) and configuration management.
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills with attention to details.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player with excellent collaboration, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Highly dependable, strong work ethic, organized with excellent time management skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with pneumatics, hydraulic, fuel system, flight controls, landing gears, actuation systems or similar kinematics mechanism.
• Basic stress analysis and sizing of the components.
• Experience with life safety design/requirements/certifications.
• Experience with prototype, development, experimental, and/or innovative products.
• Hands-on experience with equipment assembly, fabrication, and installation.
• Proactive/self-sufficient/able to work and add value with minimal oversight.
• Willingness to learn new things and continually improve capabilities/skills.
• Optimistic influence on team, department, and community.
• Comfortable working in a creative/fast-paced environment.
• Desire and ability to mentor others.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
2 weeks PTO accrued
All holidays paid
accrue 3 CA sick days
There are a total of 9 positions:
straight 40 work week, NO AWS. Must work Pacific time.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.