US Foods Area Pricing Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
Manage the execution of pricing strategies at the area level to support company margin goals and area "Go to Market" strategy. Identify opportunities to increase sales and profit in area by conducting regular analysis, consulting with sales teams, and working with local leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage and execute pricing strategy for area, including recommending and adjusting Sales Representative Cost (SRC) and Price to Customers (PTC) for area and implementing center-recommended policies.
Manage weekly commodity and KVI process for the area by analyzing pricing for commodity items and KVIs and leading weekly meetings to adjust pricing.
Establish weekly promotional pricing for area.
Review and manage price deviations and exceptions for Territory Managers (TMs) aligned to the area hub. This includes evaluating requests for commission-based adjustments (CBAs), self-funded deviations, and price approvals. Strategic Pricing Manager also responsible for setting area-wide Deviation-on-Demand policies.
Answer pricing queries escalated from Sales and other USF employees in the area hub, as required.
Design and execute TM training for local category / segment pricing tactics, as well as training on how to grow margins; provide feedback to Center and Region on training and initiate additional training requests as necessary.
Analyze and develop pricing recommendations to support bids for local customers and conduct special pricing reviews for new customer acquisition for the area hub. Provide guidance to Area Pricing Analyst on bid pricing and special pricing reviews for non-hub distribution center(s).
Monitor and identify opportunities by analyzing and reporting on margin and market pricing. Work closely with District Sales Managers (DSMs) on auditing ongoing local self-funded deviations.
Utilize Merlin to identify product and category opportunities for pricing strategies. Complete ad-hoc pricing analysis as required by the Area President or Region Pricing Manager.
Manage and upload exceptions for vendor price list from local/regional suppliers.
Manage, coach, and oversee the Area Pricing Analyst.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 8 years pricing experience required.
- Experience within foodservice or food manufacturing companies highly desired. Strong quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work across functions and influence senior stakeholders; demonstrated strategic thinking.
- Proven experience working with and supporting sales teams; strong business acumen and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to access information within established pricing databases and/or analyze available data. Knowledge of the PRIME pricing system highly desired.
MOS Code: Culinary Specialist; Procurement Clerk; Purchasing Agent or Manager; Wholesale & Retail Buyer
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Memphis-TN
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Category Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time