Amazon Cloud Support Engineer (Big Data / AIML) in Melbourne, Australia
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will interact with leading engineers and customers around the world to troubleshoot, build, secure, and optimise their workloads.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a passion for Machine Learning? Can you apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Key job responsibilities
· First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in The Cloud
· On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
A day in the life
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies, specifically within Machine Learning
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
· Interact with leading engineers around the world
· Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
· Drive customer communication during critical events
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, VIC, AUS | Sydney, NSW, AUS
Bachelor's degree in engineering, technology, computer science, machine learning, robotics, operations research, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative field
The Big Data role supports services that focus on Machine Learning technologies, including Amazon SageMaker and Bedrock, as well as dealing with open source models
Experience with programming/scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#, Chef, Perl, Ruby and/or PHP)
Experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server
Experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis
Good understanding of distributed computing environments
Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Dynamo DB, EMR, Glue, Athena
Exposure to security concepts / best practices
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.