HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Tech PRN in McKinney, Texas
Mental Health Tech * *Medical City Mckinney * *Shift: PRN
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
This summer,Medical City McKinney relocated its behavioral health and inpatient rehabilitation services from the Wysong campus to a new $52 million facility located on the hospital’s main campus. The opening of the leading edge behavioral health and inpatient pavilion will enable needed expansion of services for these existing programs. The new 80.000 square foot, two story behavioral health and inpatient rehab pavilion includes:
- 20 inpatient rehabilitation patient rooms
- 80 adult and geriatric behavioral health patient rooms
- Outdoor healing garden
- Design elements focus on natural lighting and open floor plan in common areas
- Medical City McKinney’s behavioral health services provide care for adults ages 18 and over for a wide range of conditions including depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders. The new inpatient rehabilitation facility will allow the dedicated team of doctors, nurses and therapist to provide comprehensive rehab services in a beautiful, inviting environment with leading edge therapy equipment. Inpatient Rehab treatments focus on stroke, amputee, brain injury, cardiac, multi-trauma, neurological, orthopedics, spinal cord, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s. Medical City McKinney’s inpatient rehab unit is also a Joint Commission accredited primary stroke rehabilitation center.
Under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, theMental Health Techserves as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with activities of daily living and assists with facilitating the treatment milieu for adult and geriatric patients. The CNA/MHT in the Psychiatric Service has special emphasis on the psychiatric needs of patients/families. Documentation of observations and baseline measurements onto medical record is expected. Assists in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Two years of psychiatric inpatient experience is preferred.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Training as a nursing assistant according to the curriculum set forth by the Texas Curriculum for nurse aides or equivalent training.
- Completion of specialized training program in the behavioral health area or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in a skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Certified Nurse Assistant preferred or Mental Health Technician with experience in psychiatric care preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Must complete restraint and seclusion training (SAMA) as well as techniques to address aggressive or threatening behavior (as outlined in Rule 415.257 of the Texas Administrative Code) prior to assuming direct care responsibilities, if the employee does not provide proof of current certification.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Tech PRN
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-155320