Honeywell Mechanical Validation Technician in Mason, Ohio
A Mechanical System Validation Technician performs a variety of mechanical tasks in regard to the execution of material handling projects, including checking, troubleshooting and improving the engineering and project execution processes.
This is a multi-function role responsible for executing projects of variable scope and complexity. Responsibilities include inspection and troubleshooting of mechanical installations, ensuring conformance to design specifications and ensuring compliance with operational and safety standards.
The Mechanical System Validation Technician will work with the Project Team to ensure the system is designed, installed and commissioned per as-sold documents while ensuring technical quality.
Typical duties include:
• Attends product application and project review meetings
• Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
• Ensures professional and consistent communications with the Project Team
• Attends onsite meetings to review details and compliance to the project plan and safety
• Works with and builds relationships with multiple engineering disciplines and Installation in the development of best practices regarding the execution of conveyor system projects
• Mentors less experienced Intelligrated associates
• Troubleshoots and develops process improvements in the office and at customer locations
• Conveyor commissioning and checkout at customer locations
• Adds to, and troubleshoots project punch list items
• Generates daily or weekly reports as required
• Confers with Engineers to discuss and or troubleshoot existing or potential issues
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
YOU MUST HAVE
· An Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent in education and or related experience
· 2 years of Material Handling Systems or related technical experience
· Ability to travel 70% (Weekend travel may be required)
· Mechanical and Technical aptitude
· Experience in reading and interpreting technical Engineering drawings
· Genuine inclination and interest towards relationship building, team building and affecting positive change
· Proficiency with MS Office (Word – Excel)
· Proficiency in AutoCAD is a plus
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.