Lockheed Martin Senior Electrical Engineer in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Electrical Engineering related to the research, design, development, and testing of COTS or custom computing hardware and/or electrical components in a Military Environment. Develops designs for the installation of components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and customer facilities.
Plans, reviews and coordinates preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Applicant can expect to lead other designers and guide their development.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Specification and selection of COTS (Commercial-off-the-Shelf), ROTS (Ruggedized-off-the-Shelf), NDI (Non-Developmental Item) and/or custom components
• Requirements review
• Test Procedure development and execution (Factory Acceptance Tests)
• End-of-life assessments, impact and resolution
• Support of limited environmental test and analysis
• Lead trade studies to identify appropriate technology
• Participating in Integrated Product Teams, review boards, and customer reviews
• Prepare and present electrical designs as part of customer Design Reviews
• Subcontractor oversight
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or in a related discipline from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
• Experience developing electrical engineering designs from concept through implementation and test
• Experience with evaluation and selection of custom and commercial-off-the-shelf components
• Familiar with communications protocols such as USB, ethernet, serial and video
• Understanding of COTS and Custom Power Electronics (PDU, UPS, filters, conditioning, cabling)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to obtain/maintain Secret level clearance
• Experience designing equipment for naval applications
• Experience working with MILSPEC requirements.
• Knowledge of electrical/computing system design (servers, switches, power supplies, packaging, custom circuits, cabling)
• Experience with environmental qualification testing of hardware for Navy applications
• Experience with CAD development tools (Zuken E3, Microsoft VISIO)
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
• Small team leadership experience
• Strongly prefer an active DoD Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.