University of Southern California Assistant Director, Graduate Admission in Los Angeles, California
Assistant Director, Graduate AdmissionApplyGraduate and Professional ProgramsLos Angeles, California
The Viterbi School’s Office of Graduate Admission s is seeking an Assistant Director for Graduate Admission. As part of the Graduate and Professional Programs (GAPP) office, the eight members of the admission team manage approximately 14,000 MS applications. The teams works closely with prospective students throughout the admission process by marketing, recruiting, processing and reviewing applications and related materials, and advising and enrolling students. The assistant director(s) will assist by managing and reviewing applications, coordinating communication with the applicants during the application process, assisting with data collection and reporting, and working with other offices to manage internal and external information flows. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, comfortable in making subjective decisions, organized and skilled in project management, and a good communicator (written and oral).
The individual will:
- Work closely with the Director and Associate Director for graduate admission, manage specific demographic of large applicant pool. Issue admission decisions for MS graduate programs in accordance with admission guidelines.
- Coordinate review of MS applications with faculty and/or advisors. Enter decisions on behalf of department.
- Perform detailed evaluation of applications from a number of domestic and international institutions. Assist with GPA calculations for a large volume of graduate applicants.
- Assist with a variety of special graduate programs such as the Progressive Degree Program, GEM Fellows, International Academy, special programs with partner institutions, Fulbright Scholars, and others.
- Counsel applicants one-on-one on admission policies and procedures. Evaluates and offers solutions to applicant problems and requests regarding admission.
- Coordinate application completion activities with Graduate Admission Coordinators, GAPP colleagues, students, university admission offices, and individual departments
- Communicate in person, by telephone and in writing with domestic and international students about status of admission applications.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining graduate admission website pages and communication templates.
- Assist Associate Director with training and support of student workers.
- Stay current on a wide range of university policies, school-wide policies, and global educational trends affecting graduate students, admission and special programs.
- Serve as a member of the Graduate and Professional Programs team. Participate as a team member in office and division wide as needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Extensive experience with MS Office software, particularly Excel and Access or
other database systems. Experience with web programming and web-based communication management systems.
Knowledge of USC programs and services. Ability to set priorities to complete assignments in a timely manner in the face of changing priorities. Knowledge of international education systems.
Required Application Documents:
Applications will not be considered complete without these documents. Only complete applications are reviewed.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Counseling skills and/or academic advisement experience.
REQ20067818 Posted Date: 11/09/2018