Warner Media LLC Video Editor/Producer - CNN in London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/cnncareers/) , Twitter (https://twitter.com/CNNCareers) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CNNCareers/) .
The role of Video Editor/Producer is an important component in CNN’s Newsgathering department in London. The Video Editor’s key responsibility is to produce a variety of daily short and longform packages for broadcast across CNN’s multiple tv and digital platforms.
Along with a strong sense of storytelling, they must have a firm technical grasp of the current hardware and software systems in place, as well as a keen understanding of media housekeeping and management.
The Video Editor will also be required to edit stories and elements on Premiere Pro to a very high standard. They will have the expertise and experience to lead by example, assist other editors with problem solving and play an important role in enhancing the quality of London’s news output. They will also be expected to utilise additional software packages such as After Effects and Photoshop to create full screen animated graphics.
From time to time the Video Editor will be asked to collaborate with producers on the creative and editorial direction of their stories, advising on aspects of shooting and post-production techniques that can enhance their product.
In this role, they will be expected to work outside normal hours as required to get the job done. They will also be expected to edit breaking news stories and sometimes travel when required.
· Collaborating with team members to edit short and longform packages for London’s Newsgathering unit to a very high standard, using software such as Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop to a very high standard.
· Create quality news programming to the high standard expected by CNN and its viewers.
· Developing a keen understanding of established technical systems and workflows utilised in London, enabling efficient troubleshooting of technical issues as and when they arise. Also help fellow editors with technical issues when they arise.
· Creating smoother operations and greater efficiencies within the London News unit.
· Take responsibility for the housekeeping of numerous projects and digital assets.
· Ensuring media is stored correctly and easily accessible by others.
· Enable the efficient sharing of media assets across multiple CNN platforms and teams.
· Intimate knowledge of editing and graphics software, notably Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Camera video codecs and LUT integration.
· Able to introduce and test new editing technologies for the benefit of CNN Newsgathering.
· Understands platforms and broadcast workflows upon which CNN programs are produced.
· An ability to organize and media manage the department’s multiple media projects.
· Specialist certification and training related to television production/editing.
· Prior experience editing news programming.
· A good understanding of the television and media landscape.
· Excellent written and verbal English and experience working to a style guide.
· Takes personal responsibility and accountability for addressing and resolving problems.
· Assumes additional responsibility, with a department-wide impact; sets and works to achieve challenging goals that impact the wider business needs.
· Anticipates and prepares for opportunities/problems that are not obvious to others.
· Deals effectively with setbacks/mistakes and learns from each new experience.
· Is a mentor for more junior editors; inspires others to improve their editing skills.
· Is open to influence and ideas other than his/her own.
· Adapts well to changes at work and helps implement department-wide changes.
· Uses appropriate flexibility when applying rules/procedures to accomplish organization’s larger objectives.
· Changes own behaviour or approach to suit the situation.
· Is a go-to person for problems that occur with the department’s workflow or delivery.
· Languages other than English.
Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
Access to in-house learning and development resources
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.