Medidata Solutions, Inc. Lead Product Owner in London, United Kingdom
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Product Owner at Medidata
The role of Lead Product Owner is one of the most integral in any project, as well as the product life-cycle. The product owner is responsible for having the vision of what the product requires to deliver value to customers, as well as having the ability to convey that to stakeholders, and especially agile scrum teams in order to execute on that vision. The product owner does this through working cross-functionally as well as very closely with the product manager to analyse key features, design them and prioritize them through the product backlog which then leads to them being the person that identifies work to be delivered in each sprint, and each release. He/shall also collaborate with other product owners and business analysts to best design and anticipate changes that might impact the vision or the execution of their product, especially contributing in conversations and cross-team collaborative workshops and analysis to define path on the platform and interoperability with Medidata’s shared services and key technology initiatives.
Beyond feature analysis and delivery, the product owner also plays a key role in juggling technical debt, defects and minor enhancements requests to create blended releases that deliver value internally as well as externally. Supportability and maintainability of the product is just as key as adding new features. Lastly, the product owner is the expert of their product and therefore a key decision maker in what is delivered by their teams. This means they need to be able to communicate well, be committed to their product and show business savviness in order to make the best product possible.
● Inspires a purpose: Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action
● Articulates Strategy: Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
● Simplifies Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
● Builds Relationships: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
● Fosters Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
● Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
● Plans ahead: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
● Scales for Growth: knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
● Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
● Self-aware: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
● Values differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
● Strives to learn: actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
● Coaches others: Develops people to meet both their career and the organization’s goals
● Inspires work: Provides direction and delegation, removes obstacles to get work done
● Builds teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Your Education & Experience:
o University degree, preferably in business, information systems, marketing, computer science, or equivalent experience
o Relevant experience in a software development environment - Medical technology is a plus, but not essential
o Solid experience in product ownership with accountability in roadmap delivery and product design is essential
o Agile experience strongly preferred
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.