Citi Consumer Technology Project Manager in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Project and Program Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18039489
To execute the set up of a new UK subsidiary (NewCo) – Marble Arch Project including any impacts to any legal vehicle and manage the day to day governance and delivery of this project with particular responsibility to ensure timelines and deliverables are met covering all aspects of Project Management, specifically involving GCB OandT. This role will also involve interfacing with ICG OandT, and other OandT partners and stakeholders.
Once the project is delivered, this role will be absorbed in the NewCo business to support the OandT Director as a SMR delegate, to manage NewCo OandT governance from a Senior Management Regime (SMR) perspective.
International Personal Banking and UK Consumer is an integrated Wealth Management Business, which provides personal banking, wealth management, and offshore banking services to affluent, high net worth and intermediary clients worldwide. Due to changes in market conditions and regulations, a new UK subsidiary (NewCo) is being carved out from the existing CEP UK to house this business. The role will be responsible for project management to ensure OandT readiness under this NewCo setup. The role will involve interactions with senior management within the business and across the organisation in relation to this project.
• Facilitate the definition of project, charter, scope, goals, deliverables and timelines for this project.
• Consolidate and finalize the E2E project plan (key milestones, dependencies, responsible owners and timelines) from all the impacted OandT work streams specifically covering the Consumer Operations and Technology side of the business. Publish the plan and obtain approval from the project steer co. and maintain the up-to-date plan and synchronize the same with consumer project management team
• Facilitate and conduct project initiation meetings, regular OandT partnership and steering meetings with stakeholders of the project covering this project
• Chair and Minute the meetings with actions and publish regular status reports to the project and steering group
• Work closely with all stakeholders such as businesses and functions involved, technology teams, counter parties, central program team (Arch), and external consultancies, to identify and track project deliverables to closure whilst ensuring they meet the end objective and requirements.
• Liaise with GPD technology to coordinate the end to end technology and have a direct oversight such as BRD, FS, UAT follow up and readiness, and ensuring key stakeholder participation and readiness.
• End to end management of project activities including remediation of internal and external contracts/ICSAs, repapering exercise (MasterCard, Payment schemes, Counter Parties etc.) and where applicable
• Act as a back up for the other business project manager as required in central and cross business forums related to the project
• File project documentations, evidences and approvals throughout the project life cycle for quality and audit purpose and ensure effective risk management and proactive escalation.
• Plan and ensure execution of client facing and internal communications for the project and assist in business readiness
• Document lessons learned and conduct formal project closure meetings to formally close and handover to the business stakeholders.
• On completion of the project move to OandT governance activities for the new subsidiary and help in overall governance from an NewCo OandT perspective.
• Governance involves a wider scope covering monthly reporting of functions such as but not limited to Enterprise infrastructure services, CTI, Real Estate, Third Party Management, Procurement, Operations, Technology including production support and escalation management etc.
• Collate information and support the OandT Director to fulfil the SMR delegate responsibilities laid out in the SMF’s Statement of Responsibilities (SOR).
• Management of a complex strategic project, senior management exposure
• Opportunity to play a key role in establishment of a new legal entity
• Governance of NewCo OandT from a regulatory perspective.
• Good Knowledge of consumer banking and investment products and services
• Relevant experience with Consumer Banking applications specifically Transaction banking, Investment, Payments and Digital is preferred.
• Background of cross functional project management is critical
• Proficiency in MS Applications (Word, Visio, Project, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong project /program management background
• Prior experience of managing IT Infrastructure /Software project with stake holder in multiple geography will be an advantage
• Strong stake holder management skill
• Experience in Governance and reporting
• Ability to deliver output under time pressure and strict deadlines
• Clear verbal and written communication
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision within a team environment
• Ability to take on new challenges
• Relationship and negotiation skills
• Workshop management
• University degree
• Project management certifications
• Customer Focus (Proficient)
• Creativity and Innovation (Proficient)
• Decision Making and Judgement (Proficient)
• Managing Relationships (Proficient)
• Resource Planning (Proficient)
• Stakeholder management (Proficient)
• Communication skills (Proficient)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer