Lockheed Martin Air Force Radar Business Development in Liverpool, New York
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
Responsible for Ground Based Radar Systems Business Development.
• Act as our external customers’ advocate within Lockheed Martin
• Engage primarily with Air Force, cultivate relationships and develop new business opportunities.
• Build and maintain trusting and productive relationships with customers, influencers and key opinion leaders
• Develop a deep knowledge of customer desires, and shape associated requirements toward Lockheed Martin solutions.
• Curate a pipeline of new business opportunities, to include qualification, pursuit and re-assessment on an ongoing basis to meet Long Range Plan objectives of the Business.
• Manage Win Plan, New Business Funds, and Capture Team support for business development responsibilities.
• Collaborate with RMS and IWSS Market Segments and various support functions to develop appropriate strategy, orders and investment plans and translate them to actionable initiatives.
• Interface regularly across the LM enterprise to achieve business goals – including but not limited to other RMS Lines of Business, other LM Business Areas, LM Government Affairs (LMGA), and the Corporate Engineering and Technology Office (CETO).
• Provide timely and high quality staff work, including but not limited to presentations, white papers, activity reports, meeting notes, call plans and trade show support.
• Ability to locate, shape and win new business opportunities
• Ability to establish market-focused growth strategies
• Develop and grow the new business pipeline
• Build Strong Customer Relationships both domestically and Internationally.
• Build strong internal and external teams
• Ability to penetrate new markets
• Track record of successful business development within industry base
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
• Current Secret clearance is required
• Frequent travel is required (Some international)
• Preferred work location is our Liverpool, NY (Syracuse) site but position currently includes teleworking
• Previous affiliation with the US Air Force procurements and/or Surveillance Radars, particularly with AFLCMC
• Ability to leverage technical and managerial relationships to assist with the identification of opportunities that align with Air Surveillance radars and doctrine
• Demonstrated success working with capture teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead proposal volume teams/authors in developing and delivering superior proposal products with constrained schedules and resources
• Demonstrated ability to develop market strategies leading to new business
• Presentation skills (Internal and External)
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.