Lockheed Martin QA Engineering Supervisor in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion and courage to succeed we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Quality Engineering Supervisor will be
responsible for Space Electronics Center (SEC) day-today leadership of a Production Quality Assurance team comprised of union employees, providing oversight during the manufacturing and test of deliverable products.
Manages development, modification, application and
maintenance of quality evaluation and control
systems utilized during the processing of materials into partially finished or finished products. Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, assigning work and administering recognition/disciplinary actions. Oversees
collaboration with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
Monitors the audit of quality systems for deficiency
identification and corrective actions. Supports area Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and defect reduction teams. Additionally, the position will require strong leadership, communication - both oral and written - and
presentation skills. Leadership duties require frequent
internal customer interaction and requires Full
Spectrum Leadership qualities to manage these
activities. The position is located in Denver, CO and
supports the continued expansion of Lockheed Martin
Space Systems Company's in-house manufacturing
* Must be able to work off shifts,
overtime and non-standard work weeks as needed to
meet product deliveries*
Possible relocation assistance available.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., Chemical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace
* Ability to multi-task, be thorough and detail
oriented, with strong job closure and analytical skills
* Knowledge of Manufacturing/Quality processes and
* Demonstrated application of aerospace and defense manufacturing experience
* Experience leading small to medium sized teams
* Demonstrated experience/working knowledge of
SAP (electronic process documentation)
* Quality planning experience
* Broad electronics experience to include working
knowledge of Circuit Cards and Harnesses
* Familiarity with production manufacturing floor
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or better
* Demonstrated ability to proactively drive change
* Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written
communication skills and organization skills
* Experience with internal and external Customers
* Root Cause Analysis experience or training
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.