Lockheed Martin F-22 IMIS System Administrator (Level 2) in Langley Field, Virginia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Field Sustainment Team as IT Systems Administrator for our Langley AFB, Virginia office. As critical members of the F-22 Field Operations Team, all IMIS administrators must be able to:
• Obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance required for program access
• This is an operational support role to active fighter units. Administrators must be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments for extended periods of time dependent upon operational needs.
• Capable of working various shift hours to include weekends to support customer mission requirements.
• Candidates offered a position may be required to complete a pre-employment medical exam that is designed to ensure capability to deploy with our military customer, which may be to austere environments with limited access to medical care.
A Day in the Life: As an IMIS Administrator with our F-22 IMIS team partnering with our customer, you will wear many hats; system admin duties, data management duties, network admin duties and mission planning admin duties. IMIS Administrators are generally the first point of contact for customer inquiries, field any questions and/or concern and troubleshoot any reported problems. You will be assigned tasks in most IMIS administrative roles to further develop your skills and increase capabilities within the IMIS administrator role.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primary customer point of contact for technical items
• Provide assistance/augmentation to local IMIS leadership
• Backups, restores, and disaster recovery of systems/databases/network equipment
• System/software/firewall/account maintenance and monitoring
• Laptop re-image, troubleshooting, account maintenance
• Installing system wide software, allocating mass storage space and
• Maintaining smooth, secure operation of multiuser computer systems through coordination with peers, Tier2 and engineers
• Reviewing processes/procedures, collect system operational data for analysis
• Coordinating extranet equipment installations with enterprise and local communications facilities
Must be a United States citizen and possess an active Secret Security Clearance.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• IT System Administrator experience.
• MicroSoft Office experience.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from other candidates:
• Experience in troubleshooting Web Applications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.