Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Senior in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world by using our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the world’s most complex engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products.
Lockheed Martin has partnered with the United States Space Force. Working collaboratively, we are challenged with finding innovative solutions to provide freedom of operations and protect the interests of the United States in space. We are developing the following software applications to solve critical needs:
• BEAST is an innovative mission application which generates, coordinates, and simulates executions of operational level courses of action to understand the art of possible of space combat.
• The Integrated Sensor Support Services (IS3) application provides dynamic and preplanned tasking optimization for sensing objects in space.
• The Campaign Planning Tool strategically optimizes maneuvering and placement of one or more constellation of satellites in the GEO belt to maximize multiple priorities.
You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in the Space domain.
We're seeking candidates who are passionate about their craft, adamant about product quality and focused on our customer’s mission.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Performance of all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit testing and integration
• Developing services that are highly performant, modelling orbital mechanics, solving critical optimization problems, and processing large scale data ingest & aggregation.
• Ensure code delivered to the Continuous Integration pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS) executes as planned
• Work collaboratively in small, fast paced agile teams, focused on product delivery to program customers
You will be working side by side with extraordinarily talented and experienced engineers, while having the opportunity to lead and mentor less experienced individuals on the team
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance; US citizenship is required (no clearance is required to start; unclassified work is available until the clearance is obtained)
• Experience working as a member of an Agile Scrum or Kanban team
• Familiarity with the Space Domain
• Knowledge of Orbital dynamics and AstroStandards math libraries
• Experience with Agile management tools such as Version One, Jira, Confluence, etc
• Experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
• Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, automated build, and configuration tools
• Proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Rancher, etc.) in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure/Openstack/Openshift)
• Experience with standard change management and build/packaging tools (e.g., Git, Maven, Gradle, Yarn)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.