Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space . Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team.
The Lockheed Martin Valley Forge operation is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to support development and production of weapon systems, ground support equipment and satellite electronics boxes.
Key Duties for this position will include:
• Designing manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
• Writing production planning, inspecting and assessing defective hardware, and optimizing production flow to meet program deliverables.
• Supporting Production Control in prioritizing work in process to meet program delivery schedules.
• Interfacing with shop floor personnel to implement process improvements to gain efficiencies and represent manufacturing in peer reviews of engineering drawings to enhance the design for manufacturability.
• Tool design, analysis of shop performance, and supporting Quality Assurance in determining Cause and Corrective Actions for process-related defects.
• Travel may be required.
• Weekend or off-hour support may be required to support Production schedules.
• The ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Typical experience for this role includes a Bachelors Degree and 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related technical field.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of Manufacturing Engineering Experience.
• Polymerics/Mechanical Bonding experience OR
• Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and principles as well as work measurements and labor standards.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills required in a team environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Active top secret clearance is desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.