MasterCard Solution Architect - Principal Software Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Solution Architect - Principal Software Engineer
The Solution Architect will be responsible for devising architectures and providing technical leadership for initiatives targeting fraud, customer risk and authentication. These initiates will drive new capabilities into a powerful state-of-the-art Decision Management platform which processes billions of transactions per month utilizing a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach to ensure high performance and availability.
The individual assuming this role will provide technical leadership and expertise focused on creating new platform capabilities at the heart of this high-volume transaction processing system, including: web applications for managing fraud solutions and fraud events; APIs for exposing capabilities to customers; and vendor solutions for business rules management and fraud scoring. Additionally, this role will partner with other architects, developers, analysts, as well as business partners and other Mastercard technology teams to drive exceptional and impactful business outcomes. A successful candidate will deliver innovative, robust, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise strategies and achieve business results.
· The Solution Architecture team sets strategic vision and defines new capabilities for Mastercard's Decision Management Platform
· This platform provides business solutions to combat fraud and authenticate users and processes billions of transactions per month
· Solutions Architects will provide technical thought leadership and expertise for new platform capabilities
· These new capabilities will build on a high volume transaction processing system, web applications for managing fraud solutions and fraud events, APIs for exposing capabilities to customers, and vendor solutions for business rules management and fraud scoring
· Would you like to be a part of developing industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
· Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
· Do you want to create innovative solutions to challenging business problems?
· Delivering innovative end-to-end architectural solutions -- from the conceptual to the application level for new initiatives
· Partnering with business and other technology teams to set technical strategy, roadmaps and direction
· Innovating new approaches to meet business needs, lower costs, and improve agility
· Providing direction to project technical leads and reviewing designs
· Mentor technical individual contributors
· Estimating and planning new efforts
All About You
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· Experience architecting large and complex systems from the conceptual architecture level down through the application architecture level
· Experience providing technical thought leadership across an organization
· A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including Java, Linux, Oracle, and virtualization technologies
· Experience with agile software development processes and architecture governance
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to an audience at all levels within an organization
· Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
· Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously and meet agreed upon deadlines
· Experience with web architecture and application development, including APIs
· Experience with high performance data storage such as GemFire in-memory Object Grid
· Database experience (e.g., Oracle)
· Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
· Experience developing and supporting highly scalable/high performance transaction processing systems
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179065