Continental BestDrive Warehouse Associate in Jacksonville, Illinois
BestDrive Warehouse Associate
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we have opened 34 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country.
The BestDrive Warehouse Associate will be responsible for all aspects of receiving, shipping and controlling incoming and outgoing new and retreaded commercial tires, casings, wheels and other types of tire related products and materials for a retail or retread location.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Oversee all inbound and outbound tire shipments of new and retreaded tires to internal and external customers.
• Responsible for securing inventory assets and inventory control
• Perform cycle counts, preparing and fulfilling orders
• Operate a forklift and related equipment to load and unload trucks and move material within the warehouse.
• Maintain warehouse area in a neat and organized manner.
• Review shipments and advising management of shortages or damaged shipments.
• Work with Location management on proper documentation of merchandise to control.
• Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
• Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 years or older
• The ability to work in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment.
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to communicate, verbally and written, clearly and professionally with co-workers and management.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years tire experience
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
• Work hours are generally 7-5 Monday – Friday. Saturday and evenings as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
• This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
• While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
• Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements.
• Required to lift 50-75 lbs. routinely
Why you should apply:
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.