Robert Half International Cyber Security Engineer in Jacksonville, Florida
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join a team that manages endpoint, network, and cloud security across a diverse environment. This position will start remote but move onsite once they re-open the office. Consultant must sit in Jacksonville, FL. No C2C. This will be a 6-m CTH opportunity.
For serious consideration, please call Charles at (904) 997-9960.
Top 5 Must haves:
Hosted Firewall Security
• Develops, operates, and supports security-related software and firmware to maintain security and service continuity.
• Responds to service issues, problems, and critical situations to support resolution and minimize downtime.
• Assists in development and implementation of security process and procedures.
• Generate security metrics/reports and provide remediation actions as needed.
• At least three years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, vulnerability management, and system patching.
• Experience in the design, build, implementation & management of protection for desktops, servers, network, and cloud.
• Understand how to identify, support, and balance the organizational security needs related to prevention/protection, detection, and recovery/remediation.
• Knowledge of host-based security endpoint management such as McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
• Prior experience with Host Intrusion Prevention software (HIPS), whole disk encryption and Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) products or Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
• Knowledge of Palo Alto NGFW (preferred), Cisco ASA, or Checkpoint
• Understanding of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or SCOM
• Demonstrate fundamental understanding of system and network security principles and technology
• Possible attack activities, such as scans, man in the middle, sniffing, DoS, DDoS, etc. and possible abnormal activities, such as worms, trojans, viruses, etc.
o Common security device functions, such as IDS/IPS, Network and Host-based firewalls, DLP (Data Leakage Protection)
o Networking - TCP/IP, BGP routing and other protocols. Common network device functions, such as routers, switches, hubs, etc.
o Terminology, such as threat, vulnerability, risk, asset, exposure, safeguards, etc.
o Authentication, Authorization, and Accountability
o Log file analysis & correlation
• Willingness and aptitude to develop in-depth knowledge of network and endpoint security technologies and products and to continuously improve these skills.
• Able to articulate technical processes, both oral and written, to different audiences and varying levels of complexity.
• Demonstrate time management skills and the ability to prioritize work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01120-9502728362
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT