FleetPride Demand Planner in Irving, Texas
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Bring your talents to FleetPride! With over 260 locations across the country, FleetPride is the leading distributor of heavy duty trucks and trailer parts. FleetPride seeks a Demand Planner to join the team in Irving, TX.
This position is directly responsible for ensuring best practice forecast processes, methods, parameters, and rules that are used to enable the delivery of on-going forecast accuracy improvements. This is an operational, functional, and technical role that collaborates closely with many other teams with a goal of continuous optimization of all Supply Chain processes. Balance goals of inventory targets, target customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock for all SKU’s. This person is the key liaison to resolve supply issues and ensures the efficient delivery of inventory, service, and cost objectives. You will identify ways to improve supply planning processes and tools. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of data and identify anomalies and errors.
- Create item specific forecasts in JDA to be used for ordering and inventory management purposes
- Responsible for maintaining inventories and developing the supply plan to reduce out of stocks across the supply chain network to increase service levels while minimizing costs and capital employed
- Review and update inputs to calculate safety stocks and inventory targets
- Ensure appropriate safety stock levels are maintained to avoid stock out without risking E&O exposure
- Proactively utilize iSeries/AS400 and JDA data to review inventory projections & supply-demand summaries to prevent potential shortages or excessive inventory
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances/out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and define corrective action plans to mitigate the problem and avoid reoccurrence
- Utilize exception reports to identify and correct potential out of stock issues
- Works with cross-functional business partners to understand and resolve forecast and demand issues to proactively create and execute plans that provide predictable overall Supply Chain results and costs
- Analyzes actual sales to customers and sell-out data to actively identify exceptional or un-forecasted activities. Drives fast, appropriate actions to minimize the impact of deviations from the Demand Plan Communicate these actions to stakeholders
- Manage inventory levels to support required Customer Service Levels, minimize excess product and meet company Revenue, Service and Cash Flow goals
- Provides solutions based on research of system capabilities, standard processes, and best practices
- Coordinates projects, including new product launches and life cycle changes
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Inventory, supply planning, material planning, or demand planning experience Demand Management/Planning/Inventory Management and/or strategic sourcing
- Thorough understanding and experience dealing with supply chain processes which will help identify groups and/or teams to collaborate with to solve issues that arise on a day to day basis as it relates to inventory control
- Understand forecasting and demand planning principles
- Solid understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (iSeries,Oracle, SAP,JDA), MS Office (Excel & Access)
- This includes preparing formula driven spreadsheets, spreadsheet charting, and database querying
- Thorough knowledge and comfort working with various ERP systems, especially JDA to become one of the department SuperUsers
- Experience using JDA Replenishment and Fulfillment software is strongly preferred
FleetPride offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a great work environment and opportunities for growth.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time