AVEVA Head of Digital Delivery India in Hyderabad, India
Head of Digital Delivery India
Oct 31, 2022
Full Time Permanent
Apply Now (https://avevahr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN8710)
About Our Opportunity
About our Opportunity
AVEVA infuses industrial software with intelligence to empower people to shape a sustainable future. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver operational agility and empower human expertise. Our solutions advance engineering and operations with Performance Intelligence. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, we inspire insights that transform opportunity into sustainable business value. We combine unparalleled intelligence with collaborative innovation to enable people and industries to thrive.
There are 6,000 of our people at 90 locations in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from diverse backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we are all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Director, Head of Digital Delivery
Location: Hyderabad / Bengaluru
The Head of Digital Delivery is accountable to lead and develop a world-class digital delivery capability in a new Indian based digital hub. The key accountability will be to ensure teams and competencies are developed to support, administer, and operate enterprise systems and applications to maintain business operational stability and performance.
The Director will work as part of the Digital Delivery Leadership team holding an influential role making investment decisions and recruiting to develop high performing teams based in India. The Director will provide vision and guidance to the leadership team on delivery approach, technology choices and execution to develop and maintain Customer and Corporate Applications and Platforms. The Director will work closely with the Directors of Customer Platforms, Corporate Platforms, Business Reporting, Platform Strategy and Portfolio Management.
This role will lead and manage the Digital Hub based in India, a team of 60 people, providing strategic leadership and direction to enable the delivery teams to meet their objectives. Management of the demand planning, forecasting, budgeting, supply planning and prioritization of projects within the team.
This role will align on delivery approach, tools and processes with other digital hubs and will also support expansion and adoption of digital strategy. Sharing knowledge and good practices where relevant and supporting team-wide initiatives to retain and develop digital talent.
• Define, lead, and continually monitor all project activity delivered by the team ensuring adherence to an appropriate and effective delivery methodology, quality standards and architectural principles, as well as delivery of business goals
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement in delivery approach, technology choices and execution. Champion and/ embed Agile delivery methodology, DevOps, Lean, and other key drivers of Digital culture
• Leverage leading-edge technology solutions, proactively improving delivery tools and processes, by challenging, innovating, and evolving the status quo
• Liaise effectively and manage 1-to-1 relationships as required with the Digital Delivery Leadership Team, other IT Managers, and business stakeholders. Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Recruit and retain talent. Manage, motivate, and develop employees at all levels, consistent with the company’s policies, processes, and culture. Ensure capabilities we provide to enable are scalable, durable, and operationally secure. Ensure that new platforms and applications are effectively integrated into operations
• Operationally manage the Indian Digital Hub including its location, facilities, and services, in conjunction with other corporate functions
• Develop a strong service mind-set throughout the Digital Delivery India hub championing thought leadership and partnership with strategic partners and other digital hubs.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Broad understanding of various computer architectures, protocols, and technologies sufficient to understand and articulate trade-offs with various architectural approaches of platform solutions
• Understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
• Knowledge of implementation standards and technology practices
• A strong focus on business outcomes; ability to see the bigger picture. Plan and deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel, and other resources to meet goals
• Lead Change, which includes innovation; the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
• Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
• Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork
• Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization
• Ability to engage effectively with business and technical teams
• Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural, and legal requirements of the specific information technology area
• Highly motivated to succeed and a strong sense of ownership
• Strong analytical, technical aptitude and problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Able to remain focused and work under pressure
• Stays current on existing and emerging development tools, platforms, and delivery models. Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or MBA preferred