Microsoft Corporation Sr Premier Field Engineer - Foundational Platforms in Houston, Texas
Microsoft Services help our customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of extraordinary people who deliver elite services with partners while earning customer confidence and trust. We are dedicated to improving the overall customer experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
Microsoft is seeking a Senior PFE specializing in Foundational Platforms and Security who has embraced the future. Knowing that you have and desire to accept greater challenge, accomplish tasks through others and overcome our customer’s greatest challenges, we desire your deep understanding and ability to deliver timely and creative incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and subsequent knowledge transfer. In this customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Delivery team and other engineers to engage technology decision makers striving to understand their challenges and creatively achieve their greatest objectives, built upon proven performance relative to your level. Premier Field Engineers (PFE) serve as deep technical advisors to customers and deliver unique value by supporting and increasing the consumption and productivity of acquired and/or deployed Microsoft technologies. This is a customer facing role that draws upon all resources at Microsoft to advise and consult on the use of Microsoft technologies. PFE act as the primary technical contact, providing advisory services and advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution, including issues raised to the highest levels of management. They manage elevated issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
These support services delivered either remotely or on premises include:
Proactive Services: Services which promote customer health through Risk Assessments, Health Checks, Code Reviews, or other similar offerings.
Reactive and 24x7 Critical Situations support: Reactive services which address the most critical customer issues.
Dedicated Support: Engagements that strengthen customer relationships and IT infrastructure & application effectiveness through dedicated support delivery.
Ad hoc Services: Short and time limited engagements focused towards customer specific issue remediation or support (e.g. Chalk Talks).
Workshops and Trainings: Technical training which address customer knowledge transfer needs helping customer to consume Microsoft products and services.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in administration, troubleshooting of Windows Server and Windows client platforms in medium to large enterprises.
· Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Failover Clustering/Multi-vendor Cluster and SAN implementations, and Microsoft Active Directory.
· Experience in systems development, network operations, and software support or IT consulting.
· Solid grasp of client/server networking, security, and Internet technologies fundamentals
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) (one or more of the following)
o Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (70-413)
o Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (70-414)
o Installing and Configuring Windows 10 (70-697)
· Demonstrated aptitude for providing superb customer service in politically charged environments.
· Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
· Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong analytical skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement.
· Excellent teamwork, communication, and technical writing skills.
· Ability to apply knowledge to improve existing products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.
Travel may be required for this position.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.