Hyatt Executive Chef in HOUSTON, Texas
Join us for this incredible opportunity to lead our Culinary and- Stewarding Team as an Executive Chef at Hyatt Regency Houston located in downtown. Lead a team of 30 employees; serving three different outlets, stewarding and a banquet operation covering 70000 square feet of meeting space. Not only will you be part of a rock-star team, but you will also get to be part of a company that earned the 16th spot on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022!
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the hotel Leadership Team, the Executive Chef is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for kitchen operations including menu planning, food cost, provisioning, food preparation and sanitation. This position directs the training of culinary staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient, high quality and profitable food service. The position demands creativity on a daily basis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards. The Executive Chef works well under pressure, is organized, flexible, self-motivated and is willing to work flexible hours.
We offer excellent benefits:
· Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
· Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· 401K with company match
· Vacation time, sick time and holidays.
· Eligible for Incentive Compensation.
· Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Discounts at various retailers –Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more!
· Tuition Reimbursement program
· Directing a team of sous-chefs and a stewarding manager in all aspects of kitchen operations.
· Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees.
· Teach employees the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation
· Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques
· Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
· Ability to control food cost and creative menu writing.
· Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Leadership position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and aProven leadership skills
Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume property, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and colleague relations, and ability to improve the bottom line.
Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
Ability to mentor, coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston
Organization: Hyatt Regency Houston Downtown
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: HOU002637
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.