Adidas America Manager Human Resources - Retail (Limited Duration - 6 Months) in Houston, Illinois
Manager Human Resources - Retail (Limited Duration - 6 Months)
Manages elements of the HR business relationship for assigned client groups in the North America Retail organization in the areas of employee relations, performance management, talent programs, health and safety and recruitment. Partners with the retail HR team to build and execute on strategies that enhance and support the line of business (LOB). Partners closely with assigned district managers and employees to ensure Global and regional HR programs are implemented and supported thoughtfully and in accordance with adidas policy.
• Establish HR as a trusted business partner and ensure HR initiatives, programs, and policies are fully understood and implemented thoughtfully within the LOB.
• Address employee relations issues as both a management coach and employee advocate. Apply effective mediation and problem-resolution with a solid understanding of company policy and practice. Manages especially high-level or sensitive employee relations matters, such as terminations and investigations.
• Partners closely with management in developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement. Determine training needs of the organization and identify the most appropriate available tool to meet business needs.
• Coach and consult with assigned managers on talent and succession management and how to best motivate and challenge all members of their teams, (from high performers to under performers) to ensure employee performance, engagement and accountability.
• Leads multi-disciplinary projects that utilize various parts of the HR organization including Global HR, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, Development and Training to achieve the project’s objectives.
• Identifies potential areas for improvement in processes and creates/implements solutions.
• US Retail HR team
• US HR Services team
• Talent Acquisition
• Other cross functional NAM HR team members and partners
• Employees and managers within assigned client group
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to objectively navigate complex employee relations issues
• Ability to establish a strong rapport and professional credibility with individuals in order to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business and see hidden problems.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work
• Ability to learn and understand database concepts, how adidas tracks, maintains data
• Advanced MS Office Skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
• Ability to use exercise sound judgment and effectively use decision making skills
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Four year college or university degree
• Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training.
• Previous Retail HR experience
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
adidas requires all US based employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation. Proof of vaccination is required. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant laws.
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Manager Human Resources - Retail (Limited Duration - 6 Months)
TEAM: Human Resources
Contract Type: Limited Duration
Date: Jan 14, 2022