General Electric Engineer in the Shop (EIS) – Rotating Parts in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary
The Engineer in the Shop (EIS) position is an experienced engineer located at the Hooksett (NH) manufacturing site, reporting to an Engineering Manager within the Edison Works Delivery team. This role is responsible for driving a high rigor into the manufacturing-design integration process, improve the capacity and robustness of product manufacture across all commercial flight programs within the assigned manufacturing site.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Act as on-site engineering liaison to improve communication and cooperation between engineering and supply chain.
· Work with shops, suppliers, and engineering colleagues to meet producibility and process capability targets.
· As the shop engineering representative, drive a high rigor into the manufacturing and design integration process and identify and drive manufacturing support activities to ensure long term on-time engine delivery.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
· Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
· Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts.
· Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
· Utilize in-depth knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically complex projects to meet technical requirements and business goals under oversight of senior engineers.
· Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts.
· Explain information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
· Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Rotating parts engineering expertise
Minimum of 5 years' experience in design engineering
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials Engineering
Must be a United States citizen.
· Previous experience in design of rotating parts, or other turbomachinery components.
· Previous experience in manufacturing.
· Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
· Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics.
· Willingness to learn from more experienced engineers, and shop resources
· Practical experience with GD&T.
· Interest in being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
· Established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes