Cisco 1313924 DoD Market Lead and Army SDE in Herndon, Virginia
US Citizen holding current US Government Secret Clearance with ability to hold Top Secret
What You’ll Do
This position serves as the Market Lead for Services Delivery for the US Department of Defense ("DoD") and the Service Delivery Executive ("SDE") for the United States Army ("Army") account for US Public Sector. You’ll engage with the entire CX organization, Cisco Sales, and Cisco’s internal and Partner ecosystems to drive customer success through high quality services delivery across Cisco’s Architectures and Solutions portfolio.
As Army SDE you are globally responsible for leading Strategy and Execution across three areas: 1) Run and Grow the services business of today, 2) Seed the Business of the Future, and 3) Being Extraordinary Together focusing on people, our most valuable asset. In this role you'll lead other leaders to achieve growth, profitability (P/L), customer satisfaction and contractual fulfillment.
You’ll build opportunities for empowered people to deliver outstanding results and grow their careers. Strong executive presence is a must. The ideal leader has a track record for placing equal emphasis on how results are achieved as well as what impact the results yield. requires a hardworking dedication to customer success and the ability to empower and mentor managers and other leaders, while maintaining total accountability throughout - especially in those times which demand inspiring leadership.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco transforms how our customers protect our nation, serve our communities and educate the workforce of tomorrow. We connect people and technology. We innovate in all facets of our work, from customer happiness to operational excellence to mission success. In this role, you are a key member of the US PS Services Delivery team representing the US Department of Defense. This team helps lead the way for the U. S. Public Sector Organization and you will be encouraged to fully engage with high character leadership, energy, focus, teamwork and dedication to a common goal. Finally, we lead our customers by focusing on their needs, by owning their problems, by establishing relationships, by simplifying technology, and by delivering profound impact on their mission in the US and across the globe.
Who You Are
As the DoD Market Lead and the Army Services Delivery Executive you will own the Services Delivery book of business and be responsible for setting the strategic services direction that anticipates and addresses the business and technology needs for our DoD and Army customers, and then takes accountability for making that happen. * Drives trusted advisor relationships with customers, passionate about quantifiable outcomes * Operationally leads a Professional Services business with expertise in financial, project & program management; technical services delivery metrics; and overall reporting for leading success * Understands Cisco’s products and services solutions and can support the process to match customer vision and transformation requirements to a measurable plan enabling those requirements * Aligns with Customer Experience (CX) peers to ensure that the interaction with our customer is seamless and drives the successful implementation and use of our services solutions
- Financial and Business Insight - knowledge, skills and understanding, of business processes, tools and concepts required to make sound decisions. (e.g. investment value)
- College Degree (Bachelor, Masters) - technical or business
- Technical & Business certifications a plus (PMP, Six Sigma, ITIL, ITSM)
- Minimum DoD Secret Clearance with ability to hold Top Secret
- 15+ years relevant industry related experience (customer domain and professional services functional experience)
- 10+ years people and business management experience (including demonstrated ability to perform in matrixed environments)
- Establish and maintain key executive (ex: General Officer, Civilian Leadership, Command Elements, HQDA, Contract Management & key Cisco internal) relationships - directly influence CIO/CTO
- Build and lead global direct and matrix teams for consistently high-quality and coordinated customer execution
- Upbeat, attention to detail, analytical, works well under pressure
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Member USPS Delivery leadership team, leader of DoD major MILDEP’s SDE’s, directly collaborating with Cisco Product and Services Sales leadership for DoD and Army
- Must be decisive with orientation to quality and personnel impact in a constantly evolving and fast-paced customer and organizational environment
- Experience leading service delivery to the US Army, other MILDEP’s, the Department of Defense, other Federal Agencies, or global complex enterprises
- Must be willing to travel 25-35% to customer locations across the US in addition to international travel to Korea, Kuwait, Germany
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.