University of Texas Rio Grande Valley GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER in Harlingen, Texas
Working TitleGRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Number of Vacancies1
DepartmentSchool of Podiatric Medicine
Scope of Job
To manage the daily operations and administration of the Graduate Medical Education Office ( GME ) and provide supervision and oversight to all residency/fellowship training program’s Program Coordinators. Maintains the educational quality of the training program and ensures compliance with The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education ( ACGME ) accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements.
Description of Duties
• Provides direction and coordination for accreditation to all ACGME accredited residency programs within the GME office.
• Manages all GME Program Coordinators to ensure that programs are following ACGME / RRC rules and regulations and all programs are in compliance with GME policies and procedures and departmental.
• Ensures that the GME Office is in compliance with GME policies and procedures and related departmental policies.
• Manages accreditation activities – ACGME Site Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of assigned staff.
• Coordinates educational activities that support the Institutional GME Office curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements.
• Assists the Associate Dean and Program Directors with updating/creating, distributing, interpreting and enforcing program policies for the Annual Program Policy Review.
• Monitors ACGME Resident & Faculty Surveys for completion.
• Coordinates new resident GME personnel forms.
• Prepares and plans orientation week schedules and training.
• Provides oversight for Program Coordinators, Residents/Fellows, and Faculty on the use of new innovations.
• Establishes operating procedures, policies, and guidelines that will make the residency programs perform more efficiently.
• Coordinates new Resident onboarding, including uploading all information to New Innovations.
• Prepares and submits for ECFMG Residents J-1 Visas as liaison for the University.
• Monitors distribution of Educational Funds and completes all necessary GME forms.
• Maintains and provides IRIS documentation (annual rotation schedules (monthly/weekly)) as requested.
• Assists the Associate Dean for GME and faculty in planning, developing, and implementing residency/fellowship program quality improvement activities.
• Ensures appropriate board eligibility or certification for specialty or subspecialty programs, as stipulated in ACGME Program Requirements.
• Responsible for submission of all needed reports to TEHCB .
• Oversees the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process.
• Liaison between all Program Directors, Program Coordinators, residents/fellows, faculty, participating sites, and other departments and the GME Office.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Healthcare Administration or related field from an accredited University.
Five (5) years of related experienced needed.
Knowledgeable about compliance and regulatory requirements at the various training sites in which residents/fellows rotate. Must be knowledgeable about the regulatory requirements of the various GME programs and of the sites where residents/fellow rotate.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; constant travel and some weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Must be knowledgeable about the regulatory requirements of the various GME programs and of the sites where residents/fellow rotate.
Minimum SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Posted SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Position Available Date11/20/2023
Grant Funded PositionYes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date08/31/2025
Posting Detail Information
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check ( CBC ). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the VP of HR & Talent Development .
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Please select your highest level of completed education.
6th grade education
10th grade education
High School Diploma or GED
Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
Masters Degree from an accredited university
Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
None of the above
- Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- Please indicate the number of years of work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
Less than 1 year
Over 10 years
- Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Reference Letter 1
Reference Letter 2
Reference Letter 3
Certifications and Licenses
List of 3 References
Unofficial Transcripts 2
Unofficial Transcripts 3
Letter of Interest
Unofficial Graduate Transcripts