DuPont Operations Support Associate in Grifton, North Carolina
DuPont is currently looking for a General Operator at our Kinston, NC site.
The General Operator monitors and operates equipment and facilities, including field equipment, insuring quality and conformance with standard operating procedures. Maintains safety standards at all times and initiates and follows emergency procedures when necessary. Rotates through various roles within the area, including, TPA, PDO unloading, pellet loading and TiO2 make-up. This position involves operation of heavy equipment such as track mobiles, fork trucks, front-end loaders, etc.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
· High school diploma/GED
· Valid driver’s license
· Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, including required overtime
· Must be able to lift and move objects that weigh up to 50 lbs., move drums weighing up to 700 pounds with Stevedore truck and exert up to 75 pounds pull, (with or without accommodation)
· Must be willing and able to work on elevated surfaces and climbing open vertical ladders to reach them
· Must wear protective equipment for extended periods such as hard hats, goggles, gloves, ear plugs, hot suits, dust masks etc.
· Must be able to operate forklifts, trackmobiles and frontend loaders; licensing issued by facility
· Work with hazardous materials
· Work in outside conditions
· Work alone and in isolated areas
· Must be able to work with hand tools
· Must be able to work in a factory setting
· Must be able to work in a multi-ethnic, multi -cultural setting
· Must be willing and able to work in a Team environment
· Must be proficient on a computer, i.e. Word & Excel
· Must have strong communication skills
· Must work at a tobacco free site
Note: For consideration for the position, one must participate and be successful in testing, interview and pass Drug Screen, Background checks, and Physical, etc.
Preferred (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
· Associate degree or greater
· One to two years of manufacturing experience
· Transcribe information legibly and accurately.
· Convey ideas, facts, etc. both verbally and in writing so they can be understood.
· Train others
· Improve one's own skills and capability
· Work with minimum supervisory direction
· Lead groups and/or individuals
· Follow verbal or written instructions
· Adapt to new and changing conditions
· Analyze problems and situations
· Make logical decisions
· Read graphs and charts
· Trace piping
Have knowledge of weights and measures
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information (http://www.dupont.com/global-links/accessibility.html) .
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here (https://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/amer/us/en/corporate/microsites/now/news-articles/EEO%20Policy%20Final%20Version%20Oct%202020.pdf) .